Friday, January 14, 2011

Raw Kale Salad

Now that I'm moving away from my hometown, I can share this recipe without fear of reprisal.

Stem and wash one bunch of tender crisp kale. (Soaking the kale in cold water can restore crispiness.) Tear into bite sized pieces.

Grate one small beet.

Toast 2 tbs. sesame seeds.

Mix the juice from three lemons, 2 tbs soy sauce, and 1/4 cup nutritional yeast. (This is not a low sodium dish.)

Pour the sauce over the beets. Add the kale and sesame seeds and stir. Eat.

2 comments:

  1. At some point you are going to have to start posting about winter squash.

    Beets and kale are lovely but I'm going to need a casserole or something at some point. Or another pasta recipe.

    Also, hooray for #7!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can vouch that this dish is delicious.

    ReplyDelete