Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baked Sweet Potato with Lime and Cilantro II


I suggested my delectable super simple sweet potato recipe to my coworker several months ago, and she loved it. Last week, I discovered that I communicate badly- even when if comes to describing recipes. She's been lightly oiling a shallow pan, slicing a couple of sweet potatoes into rings, squeezing a couple of limes over them, and baking them at 350 degrees until done. Then she sprinkles them with salt and cilantro. I figured it's one extra pan to wash, but worth an attempt- so I tried it. It was about as good as the unsliced one the first day, but on the second day the pan sauce mutated into some sort of miraculous dressing- like those honey mustard dressings but good. Very very good. So try making sweet potatoes this way if you like sweet mustard dressings or elves wash your pots. Make lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment